The venue we're performing at is called the Black Sheep, or rather, the Mouton Noir, as we are now in Quebec. It's a little bar/restaurant with a tiny stage, usually used for musical acts I think. Right across the street from the bar, and I mean right across the street, is the river. The view is incredible, even when it's overcast or a little foggy, or raining. It's just amazing.
Our hostess here is a perfectly lovely woman named Linda who owns an adorable little house out in the woods outside of Wakefield. She also has a barn that she refurbished to function as a retreat for team building exercises and the like. We're staying in the barn, which has internet access, a piano, lots of music, and lots of books on things like team building exercises. It's also right next to a creek and a lake in which we can swim and frolic. Also, there are fireflies. Seriously, I thought those were made up, but they're real. I saw them, they're amazing.
Our performance last night, as I said, was incredibly well attended. I actually would not have thought there were that many people living in this town, but there they all were, drinking and watching our show. I think we all agreed that it was by far the most fun we've had so far.
What all of this adds up to is that Canada wins like 1000 points. Seriously, this place is amazing.
We are staying here for our last performance tonight, and then tomorrow for Canada day, Canada's 4th of July, only better. Apparently there's a boat that's going to float down the river, stop in front of Wakefield, and be the home to an all day party that is capped off by fireworks at night. We're all pretty excited for that too.
Needless to say, morale is high and life is good. Next time you're swinging through Canada, take the time to hang out in Wakefield for a while. And to cap it all off, let us close with a list.
Drinks bought for members of our company: 4. Woot.
Still the best feedback we've gotten on our show: Hey Shakespeare!
That's all for now. More lists later.
No comments:
Post a Comment