Monday, June 23, 2008

Pools, Classy Liquor Stores, Girl Talk and Constantly Reading Trash pt. 1


Today I went to the recreation area across the street and, with a slightly fake student ID, made it into the lane swim for 3 dollars off asking price. Honestly, I just don't consider myself an adult--I feel like paying that fee would be the real lie. The pool is full of real swimmers swimming real fast and dirty old French men with a sprinkling of adorably acerbic ancient Englishwomen. Occasionally, I had to employ the personal space bubble of viciously whirling my arms in some sort of undetermined exercise in an attempt to keep the Dirty Old Men at least an arms' length away from me. I do this sometimes when working out or dancing if dudes start crowding me and then I can punch them pretty hard and act like it was an accident. Overall though, I did not end up fighting octagenarians at the public pool but instead engaged some ridiculous older biddies with charming English accents about how we are all likely to not get anything good out of life before using the sauna and walking back.

No comments: