2. going for a walk is a work out when you get lost: like it or not you're going to exercise for 2 1/2 hours.
3. Parliament is pretty. They have stone carvings of planes, electrical generators, and tractors in the middle of a neo-gothic-al building to represent the people.
4. Canadian's trust people. Me, a crazy american theatre artist, got into their government building without paying, without id, without even saying an oath to the queen... I went through a metal detector and I was in! I quickly tested the security by saying "my government museums are better than yours!" and nobody beat me with sticks.
5. The queen is still in charge, she has a government general lady who is basically "queen II" who rules for her. This general lady is appointed and rules! Queen II then has the power to appoint an entire senate! The senators have life long terms. Queen II can choose her dentist to be an all powerful lawmaker and no one would bat an eye lash. It's awesome.
6. Senators can knit and make laws. It's true I saw too elderly ladies on the senate floor knitting while listening to bill proposals. I totally want to be a Canadian senator. I need to befriend this Queen II lady.
7. I am pretty sure I have no concept of how this government works and that all the above is incorrect and mildly offensive. I haven't wikipedia'd it. So I apologize to all you Canadians for being confused and daft. I think your capital is pretty though!
8. Lists make better posts
9. there were 16 people in the audience last night, but they laughed like they were 30. Go Ottawa!
10. Ten items makes a better list
No comments:
Post a Comment