So, Wakefield, Quebec is now on my list of places to live and be a happy hippie. It is magical. Despite having only 6 people in our audience tonight (it makes up for the 80 plus we had last night) I love this place. Tonight we went on a walk and saw fireflies. It was like watching the paparazzi out in a field. I even caught one in my hand and watched him crawl out the end of my finger. Then Beth and I saw an awesomely close shooting star with a really close, colored tail. It was beautiful. The frogs were chirping down by the lake and it was silent for all else. The stars here are maybe the clearest I've ever seen in my life (and keep in mind that I grew up in the middle of nowhere.)
It is a charming community of artist-types, the landscape is beautiful, and all the writing is in French, though everyone seems to speak English.
I am in love.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment