Monday, June 23, 2008

Too many plays!

Plays seen: 4
Plays enjoyed: 3
Number of enjoyed plays we understood: 2
New obsession: Stilts

That's right, stilts. We saw a play called "This is a very old story." I'm gonna have to take their word for it, because no one I was with could follow the story, but that was okay because it was almost entirely on stilts. In fact, the only people not on stilts were there to get people up and down from the stilts. Actually I just like saying stilts. Stilt stilt stilt. It's one of those words if you say it long enough, you hear the voice of God.

We've now done three shows here in Ottowa, and all things considered, it's going quite well. We had a pretty big crowd on Saturday, and on Sunday it was a little smaller, but there was one guy that had a lovely laugh who was sitting in the front row bellowing throughout the whole show. Thanks guy.

Also, I can't believe I forgot the beer store. What a concept.

And now, a quick summary of some of the lovely people we have met thus far.

Javid: See post below. Dudes a little cray cray.

The guy that played Jesus in Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter: Yep, he's here, he has one line, and it was the funniest line in the show. The rest of the time he's passed out in the corner.

Sampler man: He works one of those sample carts at the local grocery store (Loblaws. Still funny). I took a small cup of delicious iced cream, then he looked at me, reached under the counter, and gave me a popsicle. Said it was good for a hangover, and that I looked like I needed it. Thanks sampler man.

That's all the time I have, perhaps there is more to come later. And maybe my castmates will step it the crap up and post something. Anything. Except Becca, she's cool. And Kate. Not because she posted something, but because she could easily kick my ass. Also, personal message to Miss Rosie Brownlow. If you're not her, stop reading. Rosie, of course we brought Gus, but as could be expected, he's pissed drunk and passed out in the food bag in the car. I did my best.

2 comments:

cook_bryan said...

Hey guys really enjoyed your show from the first row. I hope you are enjoying your stay in Ottawa. Break a leg for the rest of the fringe.

Cheers,
Bryan

p.s. hope the laughing wasn't too loud from the first row

Forrest said...

Too loud? My god man, we need to talk about putting you on our payroll so you can sit there and laugh through every show.