Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're all done!

Well I'm back home, which means the trip is officially over. Nevermind that Sarah and Evan each have one more leg to go, we're done. Now, as promised, lessons learned.

1. There are no cops in the midwest. I suppose there are technically, but they don't give a damn about people speeding on the highway. Though to be fair, our van wouldn't go much faster than the speed limit anyway.

2. The city of Deadwood, though famous, is not that interesting. They do, however, have excellent buffalo burgers.

3. Portland has the best beer in the world. I have been to lots of places now, and I can safely say that Portland wins. And while we're at it...

4. Portland remains the best city in the world. That's all I have to say about that.

5. Wed/Bed/Dead is an excellent game to pass the time, but it must needs be enjoyed in moderation. When you start choosing which car you're going to marry, which you are going to sleep with, and which to kill, you have a problem and it's time to stop.

6. Whoever came up with vodka-infused otter pops is a genius.

7. If you're going to have an argument with your significant other, the best place to do it is on the street, talking on a cell phone.

8. Sometimes the best way to get revenge on your father is to have children, and sometimes the best way to help your lover realize this is to steal his seed. This lesson brought to you, of course, by Julia Quinn, author of our latest, and possibly favorite, romance novel.

9. Sometimes a primal cry of triumph is just what's needed.

10. Lists are indeed better if there are 10 things on them.


In all honesty though, I have had a wonderful summer with this group, and I look forward to touring again next summer if all works out as planned. I have also had a good time posting on this blog, so thanks to our faithful readers (both of you). Also, if anyone is in portland or that general area, do let me know if you want to hang out or something. For all the rest of you, I'll see you when I see you. And finally, a list for old times sake.

Performances: 22
Days of rehearsal: 10
Cities: 7
Miles traveled: around 8,000
States traveled to: at least 19, 22 if you count Canadian provinces.
Number of different countries the 8 members of our company will be in within the next few months: 4
Biggest crowd: around 100
Smallest crowd: 4
Time between our biggest crowd and our smallest crowd: 24 hours

I guess that's all I've got. Thanks again for reading, and for coming to see the show, those that did. Cheers!

-Forrest

3 comments:

Becca said...

Forrest, firstly *I* am not home yet, thus the trip is not over.
Secondly. Don't judge Deadwood as you did not go to the cemetery which I clearly stated is the BEST PART! The cemetery rocks. No judging.

Poster Child said...

Wow. I finally get internet in my house and it is all over. I can second one thing though--Portland has the best beer. I am talking internationally here. They have the best beer in the world.

Beth said...

I think Edinburgh is the best city in the world. That is somewhat unrelated to our roadtrip, but since we didn't vote and you just declared Portland without having been to Edinburgh, I feel that I need to speak up.