We made it to London, after a short 12-hour jaunt across the border and around Lake Erie. It was a lovely drive, made even lovelier by the officer at the border crossing, who can only be described as dreamy. Officer guy, if you're reading this, call Becca, she misses you.
Our hostesses here are all quite lovely people; we're split up into three different billets this time, which makes it a lot of fun trying to work things out with each other and meet up and all that. However, it does have its advantages, as we have three times as many people who know us and who tell everyone they know to come see us. In fact, one of them went beyond that. Lynn, Lisa and Becca's hostess, was standing nearby as we were handing out fliers, and pretending not to know us, said, "Oh, On The Sly? I heard really good things about that from some people the other day, yeah you should definitely check that out." I just love her.
It's also nice to be back in the land of "The Beer Store" again, I missed it so.
There are some great shows here in London, I just saw a modern dance show about apples called Pomology. It sounds weird, but it was actually very entertaining, all of us that have seen it so far agree. There was also a one-man show about a whaling ship that went to Australia to bust a bunch of guys out of a prison and bring them back to New York in the mid-19th century. It was a great story and a wonderful performance, and Beth would be angry if I didn't mention the guy's lovely Irish accent.
We have 5 shows left on this entire tour, which is kind of surreal, but I'm optimistic about them. Our venue here is enormous; it fits something like 300 people, which could be seen as a negative thing, but I choose to think that they just knew we would need that much space for the oodles of people that are surely going to come after hearing such great things from our first audience. Seriously, 300 people every night, you heard it here first.
Abby is checking her watch and telling me to hurry the crap up so she can send an email. Maybe if I get some more time later I shall regale you all with another list, but until then...
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment