Saturday, August 9, 2008

One Show Left!

You could say we've got a foot out the door already; we're stocking up on food for the road trip, we're making hotel reservations, we're drinking the last of our alcohol, and we're almost completely out of fliers for our show. In just a few hours, we'll perform for the last time here, and then tomorrow morning we'll haul out. But that doesn't mean there isn't wonderous news to report.

Niagara Falls: There is a good possibility I'm even spelling that right. We made a day trip there yesterday, and my goodness. As Beth so astutely pointed out, from the water below the falls, it looks like the end of the world in Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We took a boat ride up into the middle of the horseshoe and got completely soaked. However, in between the walls of spray that the wind pelted in our faces, we did get a pretty amazing view. If Lisa is so inclined, perhaps she will post the most wonderful pictures we took.

Elephant Kiss Martinis: I had the most amazing drink last night at the Elephant Castle Restaurant and Bar, it was made of vanilla vodka, a splash of chocolate, and amarula cream liquer. Amarula cream is made from the marula fruit of Africa, and it's amazing. In fact, I think if pomegranite is the new cranberry (and who are we kidding, it is) the marula fruit is going to be the next pomegranite. You heard it here first.

LCBO: Or Liquor Control Board, Ontario for the acronymically challenged. We made a stop there the other day, and were more than a little shocked to find an utter lack of any dark beer that was not Guinness or some weird jamaican stout. Not that I object to either of those, mind you, but everything else they had was budweiser or coors or their Canadian equivalents. Minus 100 points for Canada for lack of good dark beer. Lisa will never forgive you.

The Witch Among Us: Not to worry, Abby has been officially brought down off her high broomstick horse. That's right, in return for the three crushing defeats she delivered to me, I came back from behind with three glorious victories. She may have superpowers, but they are no match for my powers of...you know, whatever.

A Response to the Honorable Madam Kate Russel: Ooohhhh look at me, I'm Kate! I'm in Japan! Oooohhhh everything is SOOOO different here, way more different than Canada, oooohhhh! I'm better than everyone because I'm in Japan and they're not! Yeah, what are you gonna do now, Kate?

That's all for now, but don't despair, I vow upon Lisa's honor that there shall be more updates from the road home.

1 comment:

Rosie! said...

Elephant Kiss Martinis? Sounds kind of gay, Seamons.