Monday, July 14, 2008

What is no one likes balloons?

Well it's been a pretty good few days in Washington DC. We've had two fairly well-attended shows, two good reviews, and a whole bunch of postcards handed out. However, as I am not one to dwell on the positive, I must say that for as cool as helium balloons with our title and logo are, there are very few people who will take one. I stood outside our venue yesterday and watched as Abby went from passively offering to energetically begging people to take a freaking balloon. Some people must really hate childhood.

That said, I must get back to my northwestern roots a little bit and talk about how weird everyone on the east coast drives. First of all, despite what some in our cast will tell you, easterners don't use their turn signals. Ever. Either that or they see the California license plate on our car and decide that going 75 on a freeway at night is the best time to get some revenge for the South Beach Diet. Either way, they go unpunished, which is just as well, because both the easterners with no regard for their blindspot and us westerners who are caught unawares are consistently driving at least 20 miles per hour over the posted speed limit. Not that we're reckless mind you, it's just that we come from a part of the country where a 55 mph speed limit means you go 60, 65 at the very most, beyond that, you'll get a ticket. Here, on the other hand, 55 mph means that if you don't drive between 75 and 80 mph, you'll probably get rear-ended, and something tells me that any judge would say it's your fault.

Our lovely house in Lorton, Virginia has also enabled us to catch up on our television watching. This means lots of Daily Show and Colbert Report, but also a new obsession of most of our cast, Jeoprady. It turns out we feel really good about ourselves when we can answer entire categories, as long as they're about movies or broadway musicals or, oddly enough, Russian history. And someone might have a little bit of a crush on Alex Trebec. I won't name any names, but it's Lisa.

Anyway, I must be off now, maybe I'll post again when we have some actual news to report. Until then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Abby with balloons is a bit creepy I suppose.

Becca said...

And, if I'm not mistaken, the South Beach Diet came from Florida...